Why do screws rust? How to prevent screws from rusting?
Apr 19,2022 /
Screws are a generic term for fasteners and are an indispensable industrial necessity in daily life. The material of hardware screws is divided into carbon steel and stainless steel. Due to its material, the hardware screws will rust during the accumulated use.
Why do screws rust?
1. When the electroplating factory is electroplating hardware screws, one situation is that it is not dried during the drying operation, which will lead to residual water vapor; the other situation is that condensation water is formed during packaging after drying, resulting in a chemical reaction, resulting in hardware screws. rust.
2. If the hardware screws
are stored in a damp place for a long time, they will be corroded and oxidized slowly, which will cause rust.
3. When electroplating hardware screws, the electroplating layer is too thin, which will cause rust.
How to prevent screws from rusting?
In general, screw rust is prevented from three aspects: storage environment, plating type, and use environment.
1. Storage environment: Hardware screws should be placed in a dry environment with good ventilation and ventilation. Hardware screws should not be in direct contact with the ground, and it is best to place them in drawers or shelves.
2. Type of electroplating: The electroplating color with a longer salt spray test time should be selected, and the electroplating layer should not be too thin when electroplating.
3. Use environment: It cannot be placed in an environment with high salinity, high acidity, high salinity, high corrosion, high temperature and high humidity.