Characteristics and common types of self tapping screws
Mar 23,2021 /
In daily life and industrial production, screw has always played an important role, and in the future, its role will continue to play. As a common member of the screw, self tapping screw does not need to be matched with nut, so its cost is relatively low, and its use is more convenient. The following describes its characteristics and common types.
Characteristics of self tapping screw
(1) Self tapping screws are made of carburized steel.
(2) In the process of processing, heat treatment is needed to make its mechanical properties meet the requirements.
(3) Self tapping screw has good internal toughness and high surface hardness.
(4) The surface needs to be protected by electroplating.
(5) Cold heading process is needed in production to improve the quality of thread.
There are many types of self tapping screws, including the following
1. Ordinary self tapping screw: This is the most common type, the screw surface will be electroplated.
2. Self cutting self tapping screw: the thread of this kind of screw is generally self tapping thread or machine thread.
3. Self extruding self tapping screw, its screw cross-section most of the triangular, generally do not need to use the groove.
There are many kinds of self tapping screws, only a part of them are listed above. And with the change of people's demand for screws, I believe there will be more kinds in the future.
Due to the particularity of self tapping screw is very strong, so its use is very wide, it plays the role of many other screws can not be replaced, the general automatic screw is mostly used for thin metal plate, such as steel plate and steel plate, saw plate and saw plate connection, in the connection, need to make a threaded bottom hole for the connector, and then screw the self tapping screw into the end of the connector Among the threaded bottom holes, the surface hardness of the self tapping screw is relatively high, so the thread can be tapped out in the threaded bottom hole of the connector, so as to effectively achieve the connection of the connector.